This past Saturday, December 19th, we held our annual AFCEA Tokyo (東京) Holiday Party. Thank you to everyone who attended for a wonderful, cozy, enjoyable evening of family fun. We had a lot of really tasty food, good drinks, a really fun kids table, a raffle with some really cool prizes like a PS4 and Samsung Galaxy tablet, followed by a “Dirty Santa” gift exchange that turned out to be quite exciting.
We are still in the process of collecting the pictures from the evenings festivities from the myriad of cameras. In the meantime, here are a few teaser images from my personal iPhone:
The New Sanno graciously hosted our event, as they always do, and were the consummate professionals. The meal was delicious, and the operations staff support was unparalleled.
I want to take the time to recognize a few people who were key in pulling this event together to make it so fun:
- Bobby Warminsky. The entire event was planned by Bobby and without his leadership the Holiday Party would not have been a success.
- John P. All those awesome raffle gifts you were hoping to win were purchased by this fella, who selected some really fun prizes that everyone seemed to enjoy.
- Heath Sheppard. The kids table was a huge success. Upon seeing the finished product, I have to say I was highly impressed. I almost had wished I joined the kids and made one of those neat things myself.
- John C. Arguably to toughest job of all: validating registrations and single-handedly taking care of the check-in process.
- Rich Chuckrey. Most of the mass communications to get the word out about the event was thanks to Rich and his exceptional Japanese and English writing skills.
- Miho M. Her impromptu leading of the “Dirty Santa” gift exchange in both English and Japanese was a huge help for our highly valued Japanese guests. Without Miho’s support this would have been tough to pull off in such a smooth manner.
On behalf of the entire AFCEA Tokyo (東京) party, I want to thank you for joining us for what turned out to be a lovely evening. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all.
We look forward to seeing everyone again next month at our first monthly event of 2016, on January 29th. As always, we will have free food, networking opportunities, and an educational presentation from industry experts.
See you in 2016!