[section_title align=”center” text=”GREETINGS FROM THE AFCEA TOKYO (東京) EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE”]
Thank you all for your interest in the upcoming AFCEA Tokyo (東京) TechNet 2017 scheduled for March 7-9, 2017 at The New Sanno Hotel in Tokyo, Japan. Our event in 2015 was our largest and most successful ever and we hope to build on that in 2017. The continued success of Tokyo TechNet depends on support from industry and we sincerely appreciate your participation. This year Tuesday March 7 has been reserved for our Vendor Training Day, so if your company is interested in providing free training to attendees then please reach out to us ASAP.
[section_title align=”center” text=”AFCEA TOKYO (東京) TECHNET 2017 PRIMARY POINT-OF-CONTACT”]
If you have any questions about AFCEA Tokyo (東京) TechNet 2017 please use our online contact form to request any additional information.
[section_title align=”center” text=”AFCEA TOKYO (東京) TECHNET 2017 ACCESS”]
AFCEA Tokyo (東京) TechNet 2017 will be conducted at The New Sanno Hotel in Mizami-Azabu, Tokyo. The address and contact details are:
[alert title=”NOTICE: ” type=”error”]The New Sanno is a U.S. military complex, and requires an official government issued identification card with picture (ie. DoD CAC, DoD Dependent ID, DoD Retired ID, Passport, Alien Registration Card, etc. ) for entry.[/alert]
[section_title align=”center” text=”AFCEA TOKYO (東京) TECHNET 2017 SETUP TIMES”]
Tuesday March 7 at 23:00 through Wednesday March 8 at 8:00. Setup will commence after the completion of the formal sit-down Kick-Off dinner has been completed and cleared. Absolutely no setup will be allowed while attendees are present in the ballroom.
[section_title align=”center” text=”AFCEA TOKYO (東京) TECHNET 2017 PRIMARY SHOWTIMES”]
- Tue (Mar 7): Training Day, 7:30-14:00
- Wed (Mar 8): Conference & Exhibition: 9:00 – 17:00
- Thu (Mar 9): Conference & Exhibition: 9:00 – 17:00
[alert title=”NOTICE: ” type=”error”]All vendor exhibition booths and tables will be in the Ballroom. Keynotes and panel discussions will be in the side rooms.[/alert]
[section_title align=”center” text=”AFCEA TOKYO (東京) TECHNET 2017 TEARDOWN TIME”]
Vendors will be allowed to start teardown of their booths and tables on Thursday March 7 after 17:00, and only after the room has been entirely cleared of attendees.
[section_title align=”center” text=”AFCEA TOKYO (東京) TECHNET 2017 SHIPPING”]
Because of DoD security procedures at military installations, The New Sanno cannot – and will not – receive shipments for vendors. The hotel has been in trouble with their headquarters for receiving shipments in the past. We recommend either hand carrying your goods or shipping to a service company of your choice. We have arranged for a local vendor to receive shipments and deliver to the hotel the evening of March 7, 2017:
- Paul Millinger: firstname.lastname@example.org (American Engineering Corporation)
- Kengo Hakozaki: email@example.com (Hoshin Unyu Co. LTD – Delivery Service)
American Engineering Corporation
Tokyo Branch Office
Chuo Sogyo 3F, 3-20-1 Sagamiono,
Kanagawa-ken, Japan 252-0303
[alert title=”NOTICE: ” type=”info”]All shipments sent to us by Fed Ex, DHL, UPS, etc. must ensure that the shipper pays all duties and import taxes. Whatever value you put on the shipment, you will be charged – 5% or 8% (depending on the Japanese tax increase date) for import tax. Make sure that you indicate “No Commercial Value – For Display Purposes Only” on the Air Waybill.[/alert]
[alert title=”NOTICE: ” type=”info”]Paul Millinger and Kengo Hakozaki will receive the shipments and will combine all the vendor’s materials for delivery on Tuesday night to keep delivery costs low. This will benefit everyone as it will be one delivery charge for all combined. Ensure you contact Paul Millinger and cc Kengo Hakozaki by email for any shipments requested to be delivered to the event.[/alert]
[alert title=”NOTICE: ” type=”error”]Vendors are responsible for sending their own shipments out due to different schedules. Many shipping companies (Fed Ex, DHL) can pick-up right outside the hotel gate for return.[/alert]
[section_title align=”center” text=”AFCEA TOKYO (東京) TECHNET 2017 BOOTH MATERIALS”]
[alert title=”NOTICE: ” type=”error”]Any delivery trucks must be coordinated well in advance (see shipping above). There is limited storage available for booth boxes; store under or behind booths if possible. If you are staying at The New Sanno, the items may also be stored in your room(s).[/alert]
- FURNITURE: Note that plenty of tables & chairs are available at the New Sanno, and all areas are fully carpeted. Suggest you do not bring your own.
- LIGHTING, ELECTRICAL POWER: Recommend not using floodlights; ballroom is well lit and carpeted. Electrical outlets: Each booth and table will have 100v / 50Hz power-strips with 3 outlets. Assume less than 5 amps per booth or table. Note: Please notify us via return email IMMEDIATELY if you need more than 5 amps. Tokyo electric power is 100v / 50Hz! NOT 120v / 60Hz. This is typically not a problem with most gear but be forewarned.
- INTERNET ACCESS: Internet access in the ballroom is available but the specifics are currently being determined. The New Sanno recently underwent an upgrade to their internet capabilities and are working with their Internet Service Provider to determine conference support. A separate document will be shared once this information becomes available. Based on previous conferences, internet access was limited to 100 DHCP address and the hotel charged $25/day per IP. If you require internet access please notify us in advance with how many connections you will need.
- WIFI INTERNET: 54Mbps WLAN is available for a charge in the ballroom, but for free in the lobby.
- WIRED INTERNET: The New Sanno can provide a wired LAN drop to your booth, but please see the note above for pricing/availability. It may be best to bring your own Router and NAT through one hotel IP.
- AGENDA: Please refer to our website for further details and the agenda. Please check back regularly as it will be updated as things change.
- SECURITY: A Passport or Japanese immigration card (Zairyu card) with photo is required for all Non-DoD or Non-Japanese personnel. As a US Government facility, security is operative and outside AFCEA’s control. Anyone entering must either be: 1) Registered in advance and then present a government photo ID (e.g., passport for overseas visitors or Japanese, or Japanese drivers license) -or- 2) Physically escorted by someone with a government ID (e.g., US active or retired military ID, or US contractor ID) and present a government photo ID (e.g., passport for overseas visitors). Pre-registration will help you avoid delays. If you are not pre-registered, Security will have to contact someone on AFCEA’s staff and that will take time.
- PARKING: There is no parking other than vehicles registered with US Forces, Japan. Even that, parking is first come, first served, and is very limited. Public transportation is reliable and strongly recommended.
- BOOTH PERSONNEL: Some companies have booth personnel that will not join dinner or lunch. Everyone that enters The New Sanno must be registered, including booth personnel. Please indicate “Booth Support Staff” when you register. Meals are available for purchase at the Emporium Restaurant or Heroes Snack Bar in The New Sanno for booth personnel if desired.
- LODGING: AFCEA Tokyo (東京) TechNet 2017 participants who are not DoD affiliated may be sponsored by AFCEA Tokyo (東京) to lodge at The New Sanno Hotel. Please use the group access code when you contact the hotel for reservations. Tell the reservationist you will have orders authorizing you to stay at the hotel. AFCEA Tokyo (東京) will prepare invitational orders and forward to the hotel prior to your check-in. Additional information on the New Sanno can be found at The New Sanno web site. Some hotels in the vicinity of the event are listed on our website – please contact the individual hotels for current rates and availability.
[section_title align=”center” text=”AFCEA TOKYO (東京) TECHNET 2017 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION”]
- Booths are no more than 10 feet wide by 7 feet deep (10’ x 7’): please plan accordingly
- Tables are 6 feet wide, 2.5 feet deep: please plan accordingly
- Email corporate logo graphic file(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. These are used for our advertisements, pamphlets, digital signage, and other marketing material for the event.
- Local electricity standard US two flat prong plug with 100volt 50Hz (ground plugs are seldom used but are easily accommodated at The New Sanno)
- 100Mbps WLAN or wired LAN available (See Internet Notes above)
- For wired Internet access, bring additional cables if required for your equipment
- Hand carry booth if possible (<50 yards from gate to display, one floor / no elevators)
- Teardown, removal of all materials complete by end of day Friday
- Vehicle access to The New Sanno Hotel must be coordinated in advance. Contact The New Sanno Hotel Security directly. AFCEA Tokyo (東京) is in no way capable of assisting in this matter.
- Sign-up all personnel – attendees and support staff – in advance for security processing
- If needed, additional attendee tickets beyond the complementary ones may be purchased online on our web site
- Bring passport (if living outside Japan) or US government photo ID (active or retired military, DoD civilian) to access The New Sanno premises
- Hotel reservations are not available through AFCEA Tokyo (東京), so please make your own arrangements. If you desire to lodge at The New Sanno then please contact us for the conference code.
[alert title=”NOTICE: ” type=”error”]The New Sanno is a U.S. military complex, and requires an official government issued identification card with picture (ie. DoD CAC, DoD Dependent ID, DoD Retired ID, Passport, Alien Registration Card, etc. ) for entry.
Visitors from the Designated Country List in USFJ Instruction 31-204 (Attachment 1 on Page 7) require additional paperwork to gain access to The New Sanno. Please contact us if you are from one of the countries listed.[/alert]